Monday, June 24, 2013

Beer, Round Two

My first beer post focused on a general "Dang, German beer is really good" theme. Now, though, there's something else really important to mention about the beer.

It's cheap. The beer you see just below is one of my favorite dark beers here and a bottle of it costs, I believe, 65 cents plus an 8 cent deposit. That's 73 cents per beer.

Germany produces some really great dark beers.

There's something else. It's bigger than your typical American beer. It's a half liter compared to the .33 liters you get from Sam Adams or any other US company for that matter. To put that in different terms, four German beers (2.92 euros) is the same as 6 American beers (8.00+ dollars for a six pack of comparable quality beer). 

I'm a guy who likes a beer with his dinner and I will miss getting such good beer for so cheap. I know we've got some great microbreweries in the US, but the price here can't be beat.

A glass of Radeberger pils, brewed in a neighboring town and one of the top
10 beers in Germany. 

No comments:

Post a Comment