Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Living in the Now

I've spent half the month now in my June countdown of Germany memories we'll treasure forever. I feel like I need to take a little break from the past and stop worrying so much about the future--the move, buying a house, finding a job, the list goes on.

This post is about the now.

After being wet, cold, and rainy for so long, including the highest flood in 150 years, the sun is finally shining.


Above you see miss Norah Grace during rainy weather. She isn't the happiest critter. 


Happy Norah is back! She's all about going for long walks and climbing hills and just being outside. She loves to laugh and does it every chance she gets. 

Lately, Amy and I have gotten into the routine where she drops Norah Grace off in the morning and I pick her up in the afternoon. I love it. I should try to get a picture of her face when she sees me. Nothing will boost you up quicker than your kid's face lighting up like it's Christmas as they drop whatever they're holding and run to you arms wide open. It's something to look forward to every day. 

Our little drama queen is our little saving grace right now. She's a toddler. She needs our loving attention and plenty of time for play. She needs to go outside, explore, and get some exercise. We're actually eating a bit healthier now because we want her to have a healthy diet. She's keeping us healthy...even while giving us gray hair. 

Tomorrow I'll get back to the list of things we enjoyed in living here. But, for today, it's not about the past or the future, it's about what life is like in this moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment